Keep connected with us using all the most popular social networking tools on the web!
Request an Item
The Worcester Public Library Public Access Catalog now offers patrons the ability to request and reserve items online. Here are the procedures to follow and what to expect when you choose to request an item you've found in the catalog.
- Go to the Log-in screen of the Public Access Catalog. You may also search the catalog without logging in and then log-in after finding the desired title.
- At the log-in, type your name, library card number, and pin number in the boxes provided. If you do not have a pin, leave the box blank and you will be prompted to assign one for yourself. If you have a pin number but have forgotten what it is, you must come to the library with your card to have your old pin number deleted. You will then be able to assign yourself another.
- Once your personal record screen is up, click on "search the catalog". Worcester Public Library is the default catalog, but you may switch at any time to any library by clicking "other libraries".
- Choose a search option from the ones provided.
- Choose the item you wish to borrow. Once in the screen that provides call numbers and locations, you may request the item by hitting the "request" button (If you are not logged in, you will be required to do so).You will then be prompted to choose a "pick up location" from a list of libraries in the Central Regional District. Pickup at Western or Eastern Region libraries is NOT available as an option.
- The first available copy within the Central Region will be requested. A blank "status" in "requests outstanding" page means no items are currently available and you are on a list waiting for the item. Requesting a copy from a specific library, including Worcester, DOES NOT guarantee that the item will come from there (items may be lost, misfiled, etc.). A "reserve successful" message will appear, or other messages as appropriate to the situation. You will be contacted by the library chosen as the pick-up location when the item is ready.
What to Expect
- Patrons can place up to ten (10) reserves.
- An up-to-date C/W MARS library card is required.
- Patrons with excessive fines or late books must clear their record before reserving material.
- Reserve material may come from any number of libraries. throughout Central Massachusetts and beyond, please check the due date carefully as the loan period is set by the owning library and may differ from the Worcester Public Library.
- Most reserves-except for best sellers-should arrive within two weeks. Please call the library if there are additional delays.
- Patrons are notified by email, phone or postal when reserves are ready for pick-up. Patrons may track the progress of their reserve on the WPL web page.
- Reserves must be picked up in person by the patron that requested the item.
- Telephone assistance is available all hours that the library is open (508-799-1655 x2).
Donate or Volunteer Today!
Ask a question or send a comment - any way you like!