Keep connected with us using all the most popular social networking tools on the web!
Friends of WPL
The Friends of the Worcester Public Library Inc. is a non-profit organization of volunteers helping to enhance the library's services to the people of the Worcester area. We were founded in 1956 to rally public support for a new main library building. Since then we have become known for our huge annual book sale, our gifts to the library, our lectures, programs, contests and special projects.Through advocacy, volunteer services, and fundraising the Friends strive to enrich the Worcester Public Library in many ways. In particular, the Friends of the Worcester Public Library:
- Promotes public awareness of the Library and its resources
- Promotes appreciation of the Library as a cultural and educational asset for the community
- Enhances the Library by funding programs and events which are not in the Library budget
- Sponsors programs and cultural activities which foster a stronger relationship between the community and the Library
- Raises funds in various ways which help support Library activities and programs
- Advocates legislative support of the Library and its programs
- Helps through volunteer efforts with many important Library tasks and projects
- Sponsors the museum pass program which offers discount passes to various museums throughout New England
Membership benefits include 10% off purchases at THE LIBRARY BOOKSTORE, tax-deductible membership dues, invitations to special events, volunteer opportunities, and the satisfaction of helping to improve Worcester's quality of life. Please join us in support of the library. Click here for a printable form, or pick one up at the library. For more information, please email the Friends at email@example.com or call (508)-799-1686.
The Friends sell rare and collectible books through the website: www.abebooks.com. These books can be viewed at the Worcester Public Library by appointment.
Please call (508) 799-1686 for more information about the Friends.
Friends of the Worcester Public Library Board Members for 2010-2011:
Terry Dorsey-Potts - President
Chris Weinrobe - Vice President
Nicole Apostola - Recording Secretary
Julie Barrows - Corresponding Secretary
David Boulay - Treasurer
At Large Members
Alice M. Welch
Catherine Q. Spingler
Yvette M. Tolson
Donate or Volunteer Today!
Ask a question or send a comment - any way you like!